Casera is committed to making our online services accessible to all.
We are committed to ensuring our online services are accessible to all users. The information below suggests how to obtain the best user experience on our website and explains what we have done to make the website accessible.
Adjust your computer's settings for a better experience
You can improve your online experience by customizing your computer's settings to meet your individual needs. For example, you can increase the size of all fonts or change the colour scheme.
Keep your browser updated
We recommend you keep your browsers up-to-date. Newer browsers tend to provide more display options to make content accessible and may work better with assistive technologies. For more information on which browsers we support, visit the Browser Requirements page.
How we have made our website accessible
We have created our website in accordance with the World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. These guidelines assist website developers by describing best practices for creating websites that are accessible to all users.
Some of the ways we achieve online accessibility include:
- Building webpages in a way that allows you to disable the CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) on your browsers or modify the text size using browser controls if the colours or fonts make content difficult to read.
- Providing a 'skip to content' link at the top of all pages, allowing you to quickly access the body content on each page while avoiding headers and navigation.
- Creating web pages that allow visually impaired users to navigate the site effectively with a screen reading aid. For example, images have text-based descriptions, title attributes tell users where a link will take them if they click on it, and structured headings provide an overview of the site that lets users jump quickly to desired sections.
- Contact us if you have trouble using our website
If you experience difficulties in accessing any content or functionality on our website, please contact us. We are always open to making improvements to provide the best possible online experience for our users.
- We are committed to equal access and participation for all people, regardless of their abilities.
- We are committed to the use of easy to read fonts and plain language.
- We are committed to treating all people in the way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence.
- We welcome and accommodate the use of assistive devices used by our members, such as wheelchairs and communication or hearing devices.
- We are committed to identifying, removing and preventing barriers to accessibility and meeting the requirements of The Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA) (Province of Manitoba website).
- We welcome support people who are there to assist, while respecting the privacy of all members.
- We welcome members with service animals.
- We are committed to employee training on accessible customer service, including reasonable accommodations under The Human Rights Code (Manitoba).
- We are committed to ensuring accessibility is maintained, like ensuring automatic doors are working properly, keeping entryways and open areas clear of clutter and ensuring snow be removed from entrances, walkways and ramps.
- We will communicate when accessible features and services are temporarily unavailable by putting up signs in our branches and posting information online. We include information on how long the feature will be unavailable, and whether there are other ways to access our products and services.
- We welcome and will promptly respond to all feedback received.